So today started out with arriving I guess… But I blogged about that already. Sooo… I finally crashed at 3am and slept hard until 6:30. I hopped outta bed, showered and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I had some coffee and nibbled on a few things because I really wasn’t that hungry. At 7:30 I headed to the lobby to meet Alex. It was time to head out, drive around and get this all taken care of….

First Stop – Blood work. Sit down, squeeze this. One tube that’s all!?!?

Second Stop – Psychologist. What’s your name? What do you do for a living? Are you married? Do you have any children of your own? How old is the child you wish to adopt? Thank you. Lots of smiles, have a great day.

Third Stop – TB office. Oh you brought your own film!?! Great looks good.

Fourth Stop – come here, sit down. Sow me your left index finger. Prick, squeeze, draw up some blood. No you don’t have syphilis… Great have a nice day.

Fifth Stop – She speaks English. Hi how are you? Can you lift your shirt and show me your skin on your tummy? Great. Now let me see your hands. Wonderful. Open your mouth, stick out your tongue. Looks great. Thank You!

Sixth Stop – Oh it’s a urine test to scan for drug abuse. Fun! Here is a cup, please pee in it half full. No problem, I had lots off coffee and water this am. I finish up… Wow, no toilet paper! Thank God I had wipes in my purse!!!!

Seventh and Eighth – All Good.

After that it was time to head to the orphanage. There is a new director and she seems very nice. There were quite a few people in the room and they went over her medicals once more. They asked if I had questions and the only questions I had were in regards to things like schedule, food allergies, likes and dislikes. They seemed surprised that those were my questions, but nothing has changed since last time so I’m good and honestly if I had questions or concerns about her health, I would have addressed them prior to coming here.

Shortly after that, my sweet girl came walking up the path and we were reunited. She didn’t seem to remember me at all. As soon as I walked up, her big eyes welled up with tears. I backed up a little and they never fell, but she was nervous. We went and played and she loosened up a bit and we got to spend about an hour together. I’m sure tomorrow will be better. In all honesty,I actually felt a little happy that strangers made her a little nervous… After she relaxed (as much as she could with being so scared) I was able to notice a lot of things about her that have changed. First, she now will shake her head “no” if she doesn’t want to do’s super cute. She also makes a lot more sounds and words. Her hand dexterity and mimicking has drastically improved! She looks good. It is such a relief to know she is well. I am looking forward to spending time together over the next two days 🙂


8 thoughts on “Reunited!

  1. oh Tracey I have tears of joy for you!!! I am litterly glued now to the computer/your blog for all updates. So glad all went well with your appointments and the reunion. She will blossom with your love right before your eyes – just watch – it is one of the most amazing, unbelievable, indescribable things to witness. xoxo

  2. I’m so very happy to see that you are united with your daughter! You are an amazing women and I’m in awe at all your hard work you have done and you both are truely blesses to have found each other!

  3. Awwww…I’m sure you just wanted to hug her, but couldn’t b/c she was cautious. That must have been hard!

    No TP! The horror!

    Sounds like a great experience so far…amazing how some other countries make things so much easier than ours, huh?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s